Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Skill Building

Last week, Reilly surprised us by learning how to snap. Interestingly, she first learned how to snap on her left hand, then a couple of days later, mastered the trick with her right hand.

We consider Reilly to be right-handed, but she has tended to learn how to to do new things with her left hand first before turning the skill over to her right hand.

I have to say, I was pretty amazed at her ability to learn how to snap so quickly, so imagine my surprise today when I came home from work and Reilly proceeded to demonstrate her newest skill: whistling.

To be fair, 75% of her effort is blowing air, but the 25% she gets right is really cool.

In other news, today we had our 39 week appointment, with no news or movement from BabyO2. I'm really surprised that the baby hasn't come by now. Somehow I had convinced myself that since Reilly was 8 days early, BabyO2 would be the same. Now I'm realizing that for all we know, it could be another three weeks!

Hang in there, Shawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment