Sunday, January 22, 2012

A little white whale on the go

Maeve, just like her sister Reilly, appreciates routines. One such routine takes place when I take Maeve to her daycare in the morning. Maeve is usually upset for some reason or another, be it leaving her sister, leaving her mommy or just generally having the morning crabbies. As I get her into her seat, I ask her if she wants me to play Baby Beluga, and this always calms her down and refocuses her attention. After I clip her in, I fulfill my promise, and Raffi’s voice fills the car. This keeps her happy until we reach our destination.

Lately, Maeve has been communicating fairly well with us, and this morning, when Baby Beluga ended she started fussing, and I heard her say “Baby! More!” I asked her if she wanted me to play Baby Beluga again, and she said, “Yes!”

I clicked the CD back a track, Baby beluga began, and Maeve, quite satisfied with the transaction, clapped her hands.

1 comment: